Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ScoreTrack, Vilmos Kopácsy MIDI attempt (Read 20965 times)

Offline IstvanV

• EP addict
Re: ScoreTrack, Vilmos Kopácsy MIDI atempt
« Reply #15 on: 2017.August.08. 10:01:57 »
It works for me on Windows 7 with the latest beta:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Edit: STRACK2.ROM also works and has sound, both with MIDI output and DAVE as well (after loading DAVE.ENV first).
« Last Edit: 2017.August.08. 10:12:44 by IstvanV »

Offline endi

• EP addict
  • grafikus, játékfejlesztõ, programozás, scifi, tudományok, vallás
    • Honlapom
« Reply #16 on: 2017.August.08. 10:46:38 »
It works for me on Windows 7 with the latest beta:
(Attachment Link)

Edit: STRACK2.ROM also works and has sound, both with MIDI output and DAVE as well (after loading DAVE.ENV first).

wow it works with dave too?
somebody please make a video :)
Vigyázat! Szektás vagyok! :)

Offline gflorez

• EP addict
    • Támogató Támogató
« Reply #17 on: 2017.August.08. 15:50:02 »
At last I have managed it to work....  I installed the first Win32 beta, then forgot to rename "ep128emu32.exe" to only "ep128emu.exe" on the second beta...

I can't do a video now as I'm on holidays..... But here follows the procedure:

You must paste all the files from the second beta on the same installation directory of your EP128emu.

Then take the file that matches your PC, "ep128emu32.exe" or "ep128emu64.exe" and rename it to "ep128emu.exe".

Start the emulator as usual. Any configuration seems to work.

Now you only have to select "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" as Midi output on Options/Settings/Configure. The first beta only allowed me to select Midi-inputs.

Install the "strack2.rom" on segments 06 and 07 on Machine/Configure/Memory then click on OK. The emulated EP will restart

Remember to execute :UK if you use the HUN.Rom or other language Rom on your emulation.

Execute :ST to start the ScoreTrack application.

As pointed by IstvanV, if you select Dave as output (leftmost icon), then you must first load a Dave envelope(.ENV).

F unit works!

----------

To IstvanV: Can you put on the emulator separate selection boxes for Midi input and for Midi output?
« Last Edit: 2017.August.08. 19:19:14 by gflorez »

Offline IstvanV

• EP addict
« Reply #18 on: 2017.August.08. 16:48:36 »
To IstvanV: Can you put on the emulator separate selection boxes for Midi input and for Midi output?

In the current beta, the type of the port is shown next to its name in parentheses (I = input, O = output), that should make it easy to find the correct ports. At the moment, the emulation does not support opening both an input and an output device at the same time.

Offline gflorez

• EP addict
    • Támogató Támogató
« Reply #19 on: 2017.August.08. 17:23:16 »
Ok sorry, I don't need input and output at the same time. I have seen an O after the name, but I didn't relate it to I/O.

Thanks for your hard work. You seem to me like a benevolent father giving all the whims to his children....
« Last Edit: 2017.August.08. 19:09:04 by gflorez »

Offline gflorez

• EP addict
    • Támogató Támogató
« Reply #20 on: 2017.August.10. 00:41:00 »
I have been comparing .SNG files. On the Atari ST the files are produced by Steinberg PRO24, but are totally different to the produced by ScoreTrack.

Here you have a link to some of them.

Also, the :MID files produced by Scoretrack aren't real MIDI files, they only describe the instruments and possibly other data of the song, but without the notation.

The .ENV  and .PAT files have very little information.

All of the files can be saved and loaded.
« Last Edit: 2017.August.10. 08:48:09 by gflorez »

Offline Zozosoft

• Global Moderator
  • EP addict
    • http://enterprise.iko.hu/
« Reply #21 on: 2017.August.10. 13:43:39 »
There is a collection of .SNG files from various 'a' Studio programs. The header is "Mstudio" then I found: Music Studio (1986, Activision) used for the Atari ST in the 'a' Studio.

I searched Music Studio Atari songs collections. And found the music of this Nasa Guy demo (N.SNG in the pack) in the Atari collection, original name SIDESTEP.SNG. Many others (from Ed Bogas and Davidow) are also found in the Atari collection, but not 100% same file. Need to find another Atari collections, but also possible these files are edited for Enterprise usage.

I think the ScoreTrack use similar, or same but modified SNG format of Music Studio. Least the header are different, contain longer string: "Enterprise Computers Ltd EED 1990 Scoretrack v1.0"

I hope IstvanV can make a converter for SNG files :oops:

Offline IstvanV

• EP addict
« Reply #22 on: 2017.August.10. 13:59:28 »
I hope IstvanV can make a converter for SNG files :oops:

Milyen formátumra kellene konvertálni? Ha DAVE lejátszás a cél, akkor azt egyszerűen fel lehetne venni a program futása közben. Ha SOUND: eszközt használ, akkor az escape szekvenciákat, egyébként a DAVE regiszterek értékeit (pl. a dave_rec.lua segítségével). Azok pedig tömöríthetők a SIDBASIC-hez hasonló módon, esetleg ha nem túl bonyolult a zene, akkor használható lehet a Xorgame zenéit konvertáló music_conv_3.cpp is.

Offline Zozosoft

• Global Moderator
  • EP addict
« Reply #23 on: 2017.August.10. 14:13:20 »
Milyen formátumra kellene konvertálni?
Az eredeti Ataris SNG-t (amit az 'a' Studios programokba is raktak) ScoreTrack-be tölthető formára. Vagy ha nem nagy a különbség, akkor a ROM-ot módosítani, és akkor nem kéne külön konvertálni, egyből ott az a pár száz Ataris zene hozzá.

The original Atari SNG (which are also used in 'a' Studio programs) for a loadable to ScoreTrack. Or if it is only little difference in the formats, modify the ROM for using the original format, then not needed converting musics, can be used hundreds of Atari SNGs.

Offline IstvanV

• EP addict
« Reply #24 on: 2017.August.10. 15:30:29 »
The original Atari SNG (which are also used in 'a' Studio programs) for a loadable to ScoreTrack. Or if it is only little difference in the formats, modify the ROM for using the original format, then not needed converting musics, can be used hundreds of Atari SNGs.

The formats look quite different, both the header and the data. Are there any songs that exist in both formats? Also, is there already a way to convert the Atari format to MIDI?

Offline Zozosoft

• Global Moderator
  • EP addict
« Reply #25 on: 2017.August.10. 16:02:15 »
The formats look quite different, both the header and the data.
Bad news :-(

Also, is there already a way to convert the Atari format to MIDI?
If I remember right do it these using Music Studio in Atari emulator.

Offline gflorez

• EP addict
    • Támogató Támogató
« Reply #26 on: 2017.August.11. 09:41:37 »
Even as I have no idea of writing music, I have been looking at the program to know how it can be used.

There are two lines of icons at the bottom of the screen. When starting the program, the leftmost icon of the upper line is highlighted. We can move with the joystick over the two lines of icons.

The icon with a D on top of a chip is used to select Dave or Midi-Out as the output of the reproduction. Although it can be toggled at any time, better don't do it when playing a song, because notes can be left hanging.

Then, to the right of the upper line, the six player icons follow, and then more to the right, another six icons for Octave, Velocity and Tempo.

The four rightmost icons enter to edit one of four aspects of the program: Notation, Names of the instruments, Load and Save, and ADSR. To exit from that separate screens, the Stop key must be pressed.

While on the Notation, Names and ADSR separate edit screens, the two lines of icons are still accessible by pressing ESC. one more press at ESC return to the Editing cursor.

On some editing screens the bottom icons line can be toggled to other icons with the CTRL key. Then, the line will show other useful icons to configure the program, and even to erase the current song. 

The Notation is the most important edit screen of all. Once on it, the shift keys can be used to move by the music sheet. But we also can use INS, SUPR, DEL like on a text editor. A symbol can be selected from the bottom icon line toggling cursors with ESC.

Other keys of the Notation mode are B, L, M, O, R, S and F1-F6, some of them have unknown use for me.

Offline endi

• EP addict
  • grafikus, játékfejlesztõ, programozás, scifi, tudományok, vallás
    • Honlapom
« Reply #27 on: 2017.August.11. 10:43:01 »
I cant get any sound via dave.
I write some notes, set output to dave, pressing play... nothing.
Vigyázat! Szektás vagyok! :)

Offline Zozosoft

• Global Moderator
  • EP addict
« Reply #28 on: 2017.August.11. 10:44:17 »
I cant get any sound via dave.
I write some notes, set output to dave, pressing play... nothing.
Do you loaded DAVE.ENV first?

Offline gflorez

• EP addict
    • Támogató Támogató
« Reply #29 on: 2017.August.11. 21:54:52 »
Blame me, but I sincerely don't think that the original idea of this Midi interface and program was the job of Vilmos and his company.

He played like nobody with the Iron Curtain isolation, and is not the first time that he borrows others work....

On the other side, who was Jeffrey?

-----------

The keyboard at the bottom line, what is it for?

-----------

I have found that the Spectrum program "Wham, the music box" has a similar layout.